Friday, December 10, 2004

BusterStronghart@Gmail.com

Yes, I want to be attentive, involved in what I am doing, involved in what is going on around me. I want to engage with with friends, my family members. But somehow, I am not really engaged. I am apart. I keep myself that way. I am like Alvaro Mutis' character, Maqroll, known to his friends as the 'watchman.' But my habit of keeping myself at a distance from my own life, and from the lives of my friends and my dearest removes me from what is real. I am always peering through a window trying to see what is real. But I can't feel through the glass. I only observe.

Is that the way I want it?

And, by the way, you couldn't find a better book than, Alvaro Mutis, "The Adventures and Misadventures of Maqroll."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?