Thursday, August 13, 2009

BusterStronghart@Gmail.com

Here's something from the Paris Review, Summer 2009. #107:

Gay Talese on infidelity.

"Here's what people don't get. Sex is not that important. It isn't the most important thing in any relationship. Marriage is never about sex, and yet in American fiction so many stories and novels present a sexual dalliance ans an unpardonable sin. (In real life) I never thought that should be true. Marriage is the main event. These other relationships bring me into worlds I would otherwise not know. These relationships have helped our marriage. ..I think of all these people who get divorced over minor matters...I don't see how people can live in conventional marriages. "

Gay Talese has a fifty year marriage with a very accomplished,independent and fiscally successful wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?