Tuesday, July 22, 2014

BusterStronghart@Gmail.com
                                                                    
                                                                   JOE HELLER


True Story, Word of Honor

Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer, now dead, and I were at a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island.

I said, "Joe, how does it make you feel to know that your host only yesterday may have made more money than your novel, Catch-22, has made in its entire history?"

And Joe said, "I've got something he can never have."

And I said, "What on earth could that be, Joe?"

And Joe said, "The knowledge that I've got enough."

Not Bad!  Rest in Peace!

                                                                           Kurt Vonnegut
                                                                The New Yorker, May 16, 2005       





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?